Recipe created by Kelsey Nixon
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 5 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can pitted cherries, thoroughly drained
Tres leches mixture:
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 (12-ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream, chilled
- 4 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/4 cup chopped almonds, toasted
- For cake, preheat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour 9-by-13-inch cake pan.
- Whisk together flour, baking powder and salt into large mixing bowl.
- Cream butter, sugar and eggs with electric mixer on high until yolks turn pale yellow. Mix in almond extract. Slowly incorporate dry ingredients into wet ingredients until fully combined — avoid over-mixing. Pour into prepared pan, evenly spreading batter out.
- Bake until cake has cooked through, 30 minutes. Cool slightly, then pierce surface of cake with fork several times.
- Combine heavy cream, evaporated milk and condensed milk in small bowl or
- 2 pounds (1/2 tray) Byron’s Fully Cooked Pulled Pork BBQ
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 package (12 ounces) coleslaw mix
- 2 Granny Smith apples, washed and grated
- 8 six-inch corn tortillas
- Chopped cilantro for garnish (optional)
- Heat pork BBQ according to package directions and keep warm. Preheat oven to 350°F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In small mixing bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, vinegar and sugar. Set aside.
- In medium mixing bowl, toss together coleslaw mix and grated apples. Stir in mayonnaise mixture and toss to coat.
- Place corn tortillas on prepared baking sheet and bake about one minute until edges begin to get crispy, but tortillas are still pliable.
- To serve, divide warm BBQ evenly among tortillas and top with apple-slaw mixture. Garnish with cilantro, if desired.
* For appetizers, cut each wrap into thirds (makes 12 appetizer servings). * As a meal, cut each wrap in half (makes 4 entrée servings).
- 2 to 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons chopped red bell pepper
- 1 to 2 tablespoons chopped red onion
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (14.75 ounces) traditional pack Alaska salmon or 2 cans or pouches (6 to 7.1 ounces each) skinless, boneless salmon, drained and chunked
- 3 tablespoons light cream cheese or light sour cream
- 1 teaspoon adobo sauce
- 4 whole wheat tortillas (8-inch)
- 4 large lettuce or cabbage leaves, shredded
- In bowl, mix lime juice, chiles, cilantro, bell pepper, red onion, garlic, salt and pepper. Gently stir in salmon until blended.
- In small bowl, blend cream cheese and adobo sauce. Spread 1/4 mixture over each tortilla to within 1 inch of
Hot vegetables like chillies, and salted products of the soil, can liven up the flavour in a dish without much object. Be that as it may, to eat them routinely till they turn into a piece of your eating routine is another matter. The inquiry is, can your framework withstand this ceaseless assault of blazing or vinegary nourishments? The issue of nourishment affectability emerges when hot and salted sustenance’s get to be customary things on your menu.
Any dinner is deficient without a hot Pickle and firm Popped in Rajasthan and your delicious feast will be constantly judged by how great you are in making pickles! My mother’s home is loaded with earthenware jugs blasting out with new pickles each season, a large portion of which goes to a portion of the relatives close-by or to surprising visitor who might have applauded her cooking after a generous supper at home.
Oil and salt go about as an additive to the pickles and offer it some assistance with staying crisp for long. A large portion of the pickle assortments have oil drifting up to the overflow of the container, which in the long run maintain a strategic distance from the arrangement of moulds
Looking for simple, delicious and satisfying vegetarian recipe? Well, don’t you think you are asking for everything all in one dish? Don’t worry! We have it here for you just as you said to pamper your senses with this delicately delicious dish. Not to forget, its main ingredient is highly nutritious? So, that’s an icing on the cake just for you. Yes, you’ve read it right! Paneer, called as cottage cheese is an excellent source of calcium, vitamin D and rich source of protein, vitamin B complex and minerals which is proved to be beneficial in several ways for your body. So, are you ready to reap the full benefits of Paneer with this utterly butterly delicious Indian paneer korma recipe? Believe me, preparing such an amazing dish for your family, kids, friends or relatives in dinner could be the most captivating things you would ever do to pamper your loved ones.
You may come across several online Indian paneer korma recipe but every cook has a different way of using ingredients and cooking procedure wherein you may find a few recipes been complicated. Here, at cooksafari.in, we have the simplest, quick yet mother-watering recipe for you. This is one those
A mouth-watering meal really brings a family together, provided that it is prepared right. The ingredients need to be precise and the chef needs to be passionate about the process of creating such a feast. For meals that primarily comprise of beef chunks, the meaty taste has to be preserved and the vegetables should be fresh from the garden.
The classic Beef and Vegetable Casserole is a family favourite and is a treat for any occasion. The stew recipe takes about 15 minutes to prepare and an overall 3 – 4 hours to cook. Here’s how you make it.
- 500 g of beef stew meat, cubed
- 1 Tbsp. (15 ml) of vegetable oil
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 can of tomato paste.
- low sodium beef broth
- 1 cup (250 ml) of chopped carrots
- 3 potatoes, cubed.
- 1 sprig of fresh rosemary
- 1 tsp. (5 ml) of dried thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/4 teaspoon (1.25 ml) of crushed red pepper flakes
- 295 g of button mushrooms, quartered
- 1 package of frozen green peas, thawed.
- Start by removing any bits of fat from the meat. Heat the oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Saute the meat for approximately ten minutes until it starts to brown. Set aside.
- Next, add the tomato paste, along with the onion,
Nothing is as exciting as discovering new, delightful egg recipes. Eggs are a firm family favourite and are also a great source of protein.
This recipe for delicious Hard Boiled Egg Stew works well as both a breakfast or brunch dish, and can even be prepared as a side dish accompanying a handful of other tasty platters.
- 6 Eggs
- 1 Orange, juiced
- A dash of Lemon Juice
- 4 vine-ripe Tomatoes, chopped
- 1-2 cups (250 – 500 ml) of chopped Onions
- Salt to taste
- 1 Tbsp. (15 ml) of Curry Powder
- 1 tsp. (5 ml) of Paprika Powder
- 1 tsp. (5 ml) of Chilli Powder
- Coconut oil (or any other high smoking point cooking oil of your choice such as avocado or macadamia oil)
- 1 tsp. (5 ml) of Raw Honey (if the orange juice is not sweet enough, feel free to add honey to adjust the sweetness)
- Boil the eggs until done – set aside, leave to cool and then peel the shells.
- Coat the peeled eggs with the curry powder and a bit of salt if you want.
- Melt the coconut oil (or whichever cooking oil you have chosen) in the pan on medium-high heat.
- Lightly pan-fry the coated hard boiled eggs. Tip: flip them around to ensure evenness whilst frying.
- Add a bit more oil
Nothing is as stressful as having to decide what to cook for a first date. The issue not only lies in trying to make a positive impression on your date, but also in creating a relaxed ambiance for your guest of honour. Ideally, the sole purpose of the dinner date is to get to know the other person better and, hopefully, build a courtship moving forward.
The Shrimp Florentine Pasta is a certified winning recipe that is suitable for first dates. Generally, seafood recipes appear to be complex and time consuming but, essentially, they are a joy to prepare. The delectable shrimp recipe takes about 20 minutes to make and will hopefully charm your date!
- 2 Tbsp. (30 ml) of extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic, one whole, one minced
- 10 jumbo shrimp, peeled & de-veined
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- 115 g of gluten-free angel hair pasta
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) of white wine (Pinot Gorgio is a great choice)
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) of chicken broth
- 2 cups (500 ml) of baby spinach
- 1 cup (250 ml) of grape tomatoes, halved
- Fresh parmesan cheese, for topping
- Start by heating the extra virgin olive oil in a large pan over medium-high heat.
- Add the whole garlic clove and cook until
Pie is the ultimate comfort food, and a great choice for a delicious weekday family meal. While the cooking process can indeed be rather time-consuming, the good news is that very little skill is needed in order to pull off a mouth-watering result. Here is a step-by-step guide to making a classic beef and mushroom pie that is sure to be both filling and a treat for the taste buds.
- 1 kg of beef
- 1 kg of button mushrooms
- 1 white onion
- 1 beef flavour cube
- 2 cups (500 ml) of boiling water
- 1 tsp. (5 ml) of rosemary
- 1 egg
- 1 Tbsp. (15 ml) of extra virgin olive oil
- A few basil leaves
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Pastry dough
- Start by cutting the beef into cubes, finely chopping the onion, and dissolving your beef stock cube in the boiling water.
- Pour a fair amount of flour into a large bowl, sprinkling in some salt and pepper along with it.
- Cover the beef cubes in the flour, ensuring even coverage, and set aside.
- Pour the olive oil into a pan and brown the onions. Next, add the button mushrooms and cook for a further four minutes, tossing frequently.
- Now it is time to add the flour-covered beef cubes and cook until browned. Whilst cooking, add
Oats is a wonder grain packed with high nutritive value. It is high in fibre, minerals like manganese, magnesium, potassium, etc. and protein. It is low on saturated fats, sodium and cholesterol. Kick start the day with a bowl of oats and maintain optimum health is the mantra advised by many dieticians. It keeps you full for a longer time thus controlling the hunger pangs which contributes to a healthy weight. Being low on calorie it aids in weight reduction. Oats recipes can be made delicious with the right blend of veggies and masalas.
Oats can be cooked in milk instead of water and with fruits and nuts added to it the dish becomes a meal by itself. It gives a balanced dose of calcium, proteins, essential fats and fibre. Oats recipes of upama, idli, masala oats and porridge are also some healthy recipes .Masala oats are an ideal choice to satisfy the need for fresh, hot and spicy food. Saffola Masala Oats are made from 100% natural wholegrain oats. Preparing them requires minimal efforts and very little time.
Saffola Masala Oats is available in 6 yummy flavours
1) Veggie Twist
This is a healthy combination of oats, greens like peas, French beans and
Dinner is a very important meal since it brings the family together on one table. Often, preparing dinner can be quite hectic especially if you are working or even schooling since you may need to come up with a delicious meal that will suit the whole family while providing the required nutrition. There are a number of good dinner ideas that are very easy to prepare and very delicious that could save you a lot of time and of course money.
One of the most loved and enjoyed foods by both old and young is macaroni. It is easy to prepare and you can hardly go wrong with it since it can be eaten with practically anything. Whether you decide to do vegetables or the traditional macaroni and cheese or even meat balls which can be made in a healthy way to give a very delicious sauce to go with it and the best thing is that you can use leftover macaroni to make lasagna for the next day which is equally as good.
Another good and simple dinner idea is chicken and fish that can be prepared in so many forms and enjoyed by everyone since they are both white
Fresh herbs and spices are not only used for cooking, but they add great flavor to any drink as well. This summer, enjoy delicious coolers using healthy herbs and spices as well as other easy to find ingredients from your kitchen. Now you can drink all you want without the guilt!
Try these delicious yet nutritious herbs and spices drink recipes on a hot summer day:
1. Fruity Mint Slush
What you need:
- 3 fresh mint leaves, more for garnish
- 3 strawberries (frozen)
- 1 cup cubed pineapple
- 1/4 cup red seedless grapes (frozen)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 tbsp. fresh lime juice
Combine applesauce, lime juice and grapes in a blender and process until smooth. Add in the mint leaves, strawberries and pineapple cubes and pulse until fruits are in small bits. Garnish with mint leaves if desired.
2. Lemon and Basil Cooler
What you need:
- 1 1/2 cups frozen lemonade concentrate, thawed
- 1/2 cup torn basil leaves
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 12 cups water
Combine lemonade concentrate, lemon juice, white sugar and water in a pitcher. Add basil leaves. Stir until all ingredients are well-combined. Refrigerate for at least 8 hours to overnight. When ready, remove basil leaves from the mixture and discard. Serve immediately.
3. Chili-Citrus Refresher
What you need:
- 1/4 cup fresh
Nowadays more and more people try to eat well. But unfortunately not all of them know the basic rules of healthy nourishment. Luckily, there are simple and you can learn very fast how to create your own healthy recipes for dinner.
First off all each meal should be balanced. What does it mean? It should contain some poultry, lean meat, sea fish, seafood, some brown rice, whole wheat pasta, cereal or potatoes with their skins on, right spices and plenty of vegetables.
Second – all products must be before their expiration date.
Third – you should prepare your dishes properly. You can boil, cook, grill, roast, slow cook or steam. Avoid frying, particularly deep fat frying. This is probably the unhealthiest way to make meals. And remember – many of veggies you can simply eat fresh. They have the most vitamins and nutrients then.
Here are some examples of recipes based on the above tips:
Roasted or steamed cod with brown cooked rice and a cooked corn cob.
Roasted or steamed chicken breast with cooked whole wheat pasta, steamed broccoli and cauliflower.
Roasted or steamed salmon with bulgur wheat, fresh watercress, rocket leaves and spinach.
Roasted or steamed turkey breast with couscous and steamed Brussels sprouts.
If you crave Chinese takeout as much as I do, whip up these quick and delicious sesame chicken thighs instead of reaching for your phone. The deep, nutty flavor of sesame oil tempers the sweetness of the maple syrup in this sweet and savory dish. I like to serve these with a steamed and buttered vegetable like broccoli and Cauliflower “Rice” for a filling meal. Add optional sesame seeds for a presentation to rival your local takeout joint.
PREP TIME: 5 MINUTES COOK TIME: 20 MINUTES TOTAL TIME: 25 MINUTES
- 4 bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sugar-free maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
1. Season the chicken with the salt and pepper. Set aside.
2. In a bowl large enough to hold the chicken, combine the soy sauce, maple syrup, sesame oil, garlic, vinegar, and red pepper flakes. Reserve about one quarter of the sauce.
3. Add the chicken thighs to the bowl, skin-side up. Submerge in the soy sauce. Refrigerate to marinate for at least 15 minutes.
4. Preheat the oven to broil.
5. Remove the chicken from the refrigerator. Place the thighs
I recently moved into a small place and I’m looking for kitchen supplies. Specifically, I need to buy an electric cooker. I don’t spend a lot of time at home, but when I do, I like to have an easy meal planned. An automated electric cooker will help me to plan ahead and cook a healthy filling meal even on busy days.
I’ve read recently about some very special cookers in Dubai that help with the entire meal from start to finish. The advertisement that I saw only showed pictures and a few words so I’m going online to see where I can buy an electric cooker in Dubai. The website gave me more information about the electric appliance. For instance, the one I want to buy comes with a book of recipes that are perfectly cooked in the cooker. All I do is add the ingredients as described in the directions, turn the electric cooker to the right setting, and then wait for the food to be done. It’s that simple and it is exactly what I need to start feeding myself a healthier diet. This cooker will allow me to have rice and vegetables, meat and potatoes, or a
Are you probably asking yourself the hottest deals on Amazon right now? Are you wondering what products are giving the best value for your money? Well, if your answer is yes, then do not look any further because the latest talk in town is the new Charcoal Smoker, available on Amazon. The article is going to discuss in details the main features of this Charcoal Smoker.
A Charcoal Smoker is a device used fo cooking food at low temperature. There are so many varieties of smokers available in the marker. The Weber (The electromotive force of one volt generated in one second) Smokey Mountain Cooker Introduced by Amazon works with charcoal which is a traditional fire wood and it gives more taste. It has special features. Its capacity is as big as It can cook the entire turkey and ham at a time. The body of the Charcoal Smoker is made witha special steel which is transparent and more durable. The two nickel plated grates hold the fuel for a equal distribution of fire.
This Charcoal Smoker is configured in such a way that we have to use charcoal for cooking which holds the fire long, but we can add the wood
As we are all aware that every little commodity and service can now be purchased from the various websites meant for this purpose. Similarly, one can also buy spices and herbs online. Every person has a different taste and likes to try different dishes and recipes and no recipe is complete without spices. Adding spices to your food do not meant to put them randomly, an appropriate and measured amount definitely makes your food smell sumptuous and ready to eat. Only the fragrance is enough to make a person eager to eat it and this fragrance is due to the presence of a blend of exotic spices. The online availability makes them easy to purchase for the customers who have no idea about where he or she can a particular type of spice or herb.
Advantage of buying online
The key benefit of buying spice online is that the customers can choose amongst a huge variety of spices brought from different parts of the country or the world. In addition to this, they can comfortably buy them sitting at any place on the globe and get them delivered to the desired address due to the availability of free shipping. They can make
Raspberry and white chocolate have always been a great flavour combination, but these deliciously sweet scones will have you reminiscing about your favourite childhood sweets. Not only do these scones taste great but they are amazingly moist, making them a hit with both children and adults alike.
Ingredients to Make Sixteen Scones:
560 grams of flour
175 grams of granulated sugar
½ teaspoon baking soda
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
225 grams of butter chilled
175 grams of white chocolate chips plus extra for decoration
225 milliliters of sour cream
175 grams of fresh raspberries
4 teaspoons of almond extract
1 egg diluted with 2 teaspoons of water to create an egg wash
Whisk the flour, baking powder, salt, baking soda and sugar together in a large bowl. Cut the chilled butter into fairly small pieces and add them to the flour. Using your fingers rub in the butter until the mixture resembles crumbs. Fold in the white chocolate chips.
In a different bowl, whisk the eggs, almond extract and sour cream together until fully incorporated. Add the mixture to the flour using a fork to combine until you form large clumps. Gently fold the raspberries into the mixture taking care not to crush the raspberries. Some of the berries will
A dessert can be defined as a course that concludes a particular meal. The course usually consists of beverages and sweet foods. It may also include cheeses, coffee, nuts and various other savory items. In almost all parts of the world, the tradition is to conclude a meal with a dessert. It is useful in giving the finishing touches to any particular meal. This term desserts can easily apply to many types of foods like tarts, cakes, cookies, gelatins, biscuits, pies, ice creams, sweet soups, custards and puddings. Fruit has also lately been found in dessert items. Some important sugar free dessert tips have been explained below.
This is a baked fruit dessert that is made with the help of layers of buttered bread crumbs and fruit.
Buckle is a cake with fruit that is foiled into a batter before it is baked and a crumbly streusel topping is put on top of it.
A cobbler is a baked fruit dessert that has a very thick biscuit crust in it that makes it even more delicious.
This is a baked fruit dessert that comes with a crisp and an extremely crunchy topping.
This is a British name that is given for a crisp and
Filipinos love to eat. Most say that the world eats 3 square meals a day, that is breakfast, lunch and dinner. We, Filipinos, eat 6 square meals a day. It is broken down into breakfast, mid-morning snack, lunch, mid afternoon snack, dinner and midnight snack. It is already written in the society’s psyche. What am I trying to point at? We love food and we love to eat. As long as there is something on the table or inside the fridge, we would tend to finish it.
Let me introduce you to one of the comfort foods of Filipinos. It is made from cardava banana. I may be wrong here but cardava is being used solely as one ingredient for food shakes in other countries. Unlike here in the Philippines, it is being grilled, boiled, fried, or become part of a soup, as an ingredient in the famous Filipino halo-halo or even coconut milk. However, I will talk about it being fried.
This is the banana cue. The name banana cue comes from the combination of the words banana and barbecue. It is deep fried with coats of caramelised sugar and placed on a barbecue stick. It also goes by the